1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-505XDE VS

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by freddyboy3333, Feb 18, 2005.

1. freddyboy3333

freddyboy3333

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, Im down to 2 models. Pioneer PDP-505XDE and LG DU-50PY10.
    Im going to use it 60% watching movies at high res from pc dvi, 20% watching regular digital tv and 20% xbox, PS etc.

Im looking at the picture quality first of all. I dont care about the price.
    Which one do you think has the best picture quality?

Anyone have ever seen these 2 standing side by side? That would be great! :clap:

But any advice at all would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

//Freddie

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You may be looking at the wrong screens altogether. 1st off, apart from the LG fan club here, most of us wouldn't touch one with barge pole. Certainly the 42" ones seem to be fraugt with problems, new firmware every other week, and serious picture problems on scart.
    Pioneer wise, your choice has no DVI, just an HDMI port which accepts only video resolutions, not PC ones. You need the MXE50 not the XDE. The good news, it's cheaper by far. The bad news, currently it has no HDCP support, and back to the good news, it has reached a point where I'm comfortable to say it's coming soon. Several competing aftermarket video cards will make this vital feature available. The 50MXE is what I personally would choose as a PC display, though it might be run very close by the panasonic 50, but the MXE wins it owing to 50Hz support on the digital input, the Panasonic likes only 60Hz at native resolution.