1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP 505 or worth waiting for the 506?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kev777, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. kev777

    kev777
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    144
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there,

    I've decided to go for a 50' Pioneer plasma, the 506 won't be out until September and will probably cost another £1000 than the 505 will now.

    Any opinions on whether the wait/extra cost would be worth it or should I just go for the 505 now?

    Thanks in advance!

    Kev.
     
  2. kev777

    kev777
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    144
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone..anyone... please...
     
  3. Alan A

    Alan A
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2004
    Messages:
    186
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anything to do with consumer items, when you eventually "jump in" around the next corner will come the newer, faster, more specced version for the same money or less.
    You just have to take a breath and decide when you want to make the change and live with it. Don't beat yourself up that if you had waited two months the next best thing would have been here, as the guys who go for that will find that they will be surpassed again in a shor time.
    If you want to wait, wait if you want to have it now, go for it.
     
  4. kev777

    kev777
    Standard Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    144
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Ratings:
    +1
    true, same with motors too!!

    my concern is that the new model will be have a significantly better picture quality and possibly increased life to justify the price/wait.. or should I just take the plunge now?

    or should I just get the Panasonic?
     
  5. ddlooping

    ddlooping
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2003
    Messages:
    1,413
    Products Owned:
    1
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    Location:
    Essex
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'd suggest you wait a couple of months.
    You'll be in a better position to judge whether the new Pioneer (or Panasonic) are worth the extra ££s. :)
     

Share This Page

Loading...