Pioneer PDP-504HDE Current best price

dealmaker

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Another sticky thread perhaps (as per the Panny thread) highlighting the cheapest deals around on the Pioneer 50" Plasma?

Cheapest I've seen to date are:

£4759 from unbeatable:

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_15694.html

£4925 from digital direct:

http://www.digitaldirectuk.com/products_moreinfo3/index.asp?product_id=1964

£4828 from Buy Your AV:

https://www.secured-space.com/buyyourav/1024x768/spec_details.asp?prodID=794

prices seem to be a little fluid and change from day to day - Sound and Vision on line / and Digital Direct were both around the £4700 mark a couple of days ago.

Anybody seen this cheaper?

I don't know what the current price from Sound & Vision is but they are usually quite keen. You could get a price from them and price match at JL. That would probably give you the best deal assuming any of them have stock.

The alternative is to ring around until you find someone with stock and try to do a deal approaching the better prices you've seen listed.

I understand the bought out price for this unit is just under £4K from Pioneer so that gives you some idea how much a retailer will negotiate. Baring in mind they don't just want to turn money over, they need to at least contribute to their overheads.

The figure of £4K is only what I've been told so may not be accurate but I'm sure it's not far out.

Yes I think trying to get a deal from Sound and Vision and then match with JL is the way forward.

My only trouble is that the local JL will only match against "bricks and mortar" stores who are 1) local 2) have stock 3) are open regular hours and 4) where the price matched is the walk in off the street price

this poses some problems in that there are no Sound and Vision stores (do they have any stores??) anywhere near me and local dealers all seem to want about £5499 (against JL's £5999) - unless I source the plasma from a JL store NEAR a Sound and Vision outlet and get them to price match.

Anybody aware of a suitable JL store / Sound & Vision combination?

Sound & Vision have their store just outside Bolton and the Cheadle JL is about 15 miles away. I don't know how far JL will deliver though.

When I was looking last year the man in JL actually suggested I got a price from Sound & Vision first so they could then match it.

That would be good - agree they won't deliver to my neck of the woods - so a long trip will be necessary.

question is ...is JL's 5 year warranty transferable between stores?

No good having the warranty if I can't benefit fom it because the store's too far away for them to send engineers etc???

Ideally the local store will honour the warranty?

That would be good - agree they won't deliver to my neck of the woods - so a long trip will be necessary.

question is ...is JL's 5 year warranty transferable between stores?

No good having the warranty if I can't benefit fom it because the store's too far away for them to send engineers etc???

Ideally the local store will honour the warranty?

You'd need to check with JL but I would imagine that in 5 years you could move out of their area so this shouldn't have any affect on it.

Hello all

I'd also ask JL to confirm (in writing) what cover you get with a 5 Year warranty on a Pioneer PlasmaTV!!! and can they change the policy on Plasma repairs at any time during the 5 years.

Best regards

Joe

Hello, best price over here in Germany is € 7199.- without and € 7375.- with Speakers. I don't know the British Pound -> Euro exchange rate but usually prices in the UK used to be higher whenever I was looking for cheaper prices for certain products at abroad web shops.

Just talked to Sound and Vision - their price is £4995 - whether it's delivered or collected.

So I could get the nearest JL to Bolton to price match against that - then go and pick it up myself from JL's ? ...or....

Cheapest store locally is £5399 - so I don't know if it's worth getting my local JL to price match against that and just pay the extra £400 to save the hassle and have the unit locally supported.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom