Pioneer PDP-504HDE connecting to Sky Q

VictorXL188

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Pioneer PDP-504HDE, which worked ok on Sky HD and also BT. However when I went back to Sky and received a Sky Q box, when I fixed up the system to my Pioneer, I received a message that there was no signal being received. Any advice to what I need to do? I will add that the Sky Q box works fine when attached to a normal TV.

Are you able to connect up another device to ensure the HDMI socket is still working ?

Judging by the Techradar review, it looks like it is one of the very early versions of HDMI - I wonder if that's the issue ? I'm not familiar with the subject of backwards compatibility when it comes to HDMI, but it could be worth looking into.

I don't have Sky Q so this is just a thought. When the Sky Q box is on the working TV, what resolution is the menu showing it's set to output? I'm guessing if anything more than 1080i (or possibly 1080p) and a very old plasma is going to throw it's toys out the pram.

Hi I had the same with my sky q mini box just changed resolution to 720p now working ok cheers Timmy C.
Pioneer pdp 436pe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom