Pioneer PDP-5000EX - How Do I Get The Best From It...?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by matt5000, May 1, 2007.

1. matt5000

matt5000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have a fantastic Pioneer PDP-5000EX but a few questions:

What is the best way to eradicate / minimise motion judder from a). my PS3 and b). my XBOX 360 (via component) HD DVD drive? There is talk of a PS3 firmware upgrade to send 1080p/24fps signals but in the meantime...?

What is the best way to facilitate a SkyHD box, Denon DVD3910 DVD Player and PS3 (all using HDMI) when I only have 2 HDMI inputs? Will the Denon's DVD playback look as good via it's DVI-D output as it does via its HDMI? If I buy a switchbox with say 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output, I'll presumably be forever changing the panels INPUT settings to optimise picture depending on which source I'm watching (e.g. PURE CINEMA off/standard/advanced).

Should I cough up for ISF calibration and if so, will it fix any of my issues in my first question? What other benefits will I see?

What is the best method for cleaning the screen (e.g. of dust / my daughter's sneeze or cough remnants (just talking dried droplets as opposed to greenies) / finger marks)?

Would I benefit a huge amount from investing in a VP (e.g. Lumagen, Crystalio, DVDO etc.)?

Finally, are there any handy or sneaky shortcuts via which I can access service menus for the panel to query hours used etc. or any other such interesting stuff? :devil:

Any advice on any of this stuff would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
    Matt
    _____
    Pioneer PDP-5000EX, SkyHD, Denon DVD3910, Rotel RSP-1066, Rotel RMB-1045, PS3, XBOX360 HD-DVD, Spendor S6

2. miceri

miceri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I would say a VP and ISF is a must...

To clean the screen of my Pio (Cheese sandwhich stains, don't ask) I just wiped fairly hard with the supplied cloth and it came clean.

3. BRAKKUS1

BRAKKUS1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,774
    hi guys!! i know this thread is a bit old now but i can't find any other relating to the 5000ex! i would appreciate if someone could tell me if and how to access the hidden menu (like previous pioneer's) and what the optimum settings could possibly be for the picture! and it will give me somewhere to start!! thanks alot

4. Sborrone

Sborrone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi

Any information on the 5000EX would be most appreciated !

5. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    just read thru plasma display forum and you will find all information you might ever need.

btw, it is TOP model. i saw it in action and it can everything one might need. i am tempted, but unfortunately there are other priorities .... :(

6. BRAKKUS1

BRAKKUS1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,774
    guys i have a horrible problem with my 2 week old 5000ex, it has started to get a static sheet of noise (like a bad tv signal) all over the screen whenever i play a hd-dvd or blu-ray film but not 360 games or ps3 and , i have no idea what it is and even pioneer who were useless on the phone cant help me. i have tried different cables all all the settings on the tv and i have run out of ideas!! has anyone come across this or can give me any advice!? would be much appreciated

7. Chris4Koi

Chris4Koi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm surprised not any replies to these lucky owners of the PDP 5000EX model....:confused:

Pioman...can you help?...:smashin: