1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-436XDE - manufacturer of panel ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by arikhard, Oct 30, 2005.

1. arikhard

arikhard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I was almost already decided to buy Panasonic 42PHD8 but after reading specifications of Pioneer PDP-436XDE, I think that Pioneer would be better deal for me. I know that PHD8 is excellent panel, but Pioneer has already all possible connections ready in the receiver media box so I think that Panasonic is not much cheaper than Pioneer, either.

I would like to know that who manufactures Pioneer plasma panels and is the included media box Japan made ? If you have compared picture quality of these panels, is there much differences (black levels, watching football, etc.) ?

Thank you in advance.

2. wp_10001

wp_10001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi - as per my recent post, I would be wary about the new pioneers in terms of the high frequency buzzing they can emit.

3. mapster

mapster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had mine 436XDE for 2 weeks now and in that time I have NOT heard any buzzing. I can't fault the TV at all. :smashin:

4. blossom

blossom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    What buzzings that then?

5. PioneerFreak

PioneerFreak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer is one of few that manufacturer there own panel, the other are FHP(Fujitsu/Hitachi-Plasma display), Panasonic,NEC and LG. SONY and Philips and the other giants and low budget must buy their panels from them. 1997 Pioneer made the world first HD(XGA)-plasma-panel and everyone thougt they were crazy....but now we now.........

excuse my bad english (from sweden)

6. duracell

duracell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well....

A few things to say really. :lesson:

I have just demod the Fuji, Panny and Pioneer and I have to say the Pioneer panel (436XDE) was first class. The picture from the inbuilt digital tuner was superb. The remote control was substantial and easy to use, a Rolls royce compared to the remote units thrown in with the Panny and Fujitsu.

As for buzzing.....What buzzing?? The Pioneer is quieter than both the Panny and Fuji, in fact it's silent!! :confused:

Maw.. In an earlier post you said that you always discourage customers from buying the Pioneer. Apart from the obvious difference between the Panny, Fuji and Pio (The Media box, and we all know your views on that). What are the "other" reasons. Is the Pio picture poorer in some respect? Is it's reliability worse? :confused:

I would geninely like to know as I will be taking the plunge on one of these in the next few days, and I have to say that so far, in terms of simplicity of use AND picture the Pioneer seems a winner!

Thanks, Dura. :)

7. jaguar

jaguar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0