Pioneer PDP-436XDE connections query

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by amflemi, Mar 19, 2006.

1. amflemi

amflemi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Please could an existing owner of one of these screens answer a query that i have. I have had a look at the back of the media box and noticed that AV-3 has a box around box the scart socket and a HDMI socket and one of the other AVs has both the component and the scart socket. Does this mean that i can connect either scart OR HDMI to AV-3 and scart OR component on the other AV. What I need is access to all varietes of input, scart, component and HDMI to connect a different piece of kit to each.

Thanks in advance

2. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,924
    on input 3 you can have scart or HDMI connected, you have to activate input 3 to accept HDMI though.At any one time you can have 2 scarts + 2 HDMI + component. Or 3 scart + 1 HDMI + component. You also have the other inputs under the front panel of the media box i.e Pc input, s-video, composite video. Hope that helps you ? Anything else you want to know please ask :smashin:

3. innerspace_uk

innerspace_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased an Oppo DVD player and wish to plug it in to my 436 XDE. However, the Oppo has DVI not HDMI output, which I'm told doesn't carry sound. What I want to know is, if I use a DVI - HDMI converter and plug it in to the HDMI input on the back of the media box, how do I connect the sound to accompany it, as I can't see a phono input. Am I missing something?

4. thowal

thowal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use Dvi -> hdmi and use the second hdmi input and then use a scartkontakt with phono inputs and plug it into scart 3.

/Thomas

5. steftymo

steftymo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you are using your oppo with an av system just connect via co-axial or optical and to your plasma via the dvi/hdmi lead that is supplied.

6. alistaln

alistaln

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    I have the 506XDE (same receiver box as yours) and the Oppo. I have DVI to HDMI from the Oppo to the receiver, and digital optical from the Oppo to the amp. This setup is amazing and blew away some of the DVD players at the £1,000+ range I was looking at :D