Pioneer PDP 436PE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by demnicol, Mar 10, 2006.

1. demnicol

demnicol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everybody,

I bought 2 months ago the Pioneer PDP 436PE Plasma TV and have it connected with a Humax 5400 receiver. I was listening to satellite radio for about 2 hours and during that time I had on the screen the EPG mode from the Humax receiver (shows on the screen the channels, their program and other details). Since that day, there is a shadow of this EPG image (of the particular day and time) as a kind of watermark on the screen, while the TV is tuned and showing properly another channel (TV or radio). Is there any way to fix this problem? (They told me that if I play repeatedly for 24 hours a dvd movie, this will erase from the tv memory the background image and will fix the problem. Unfortunately it didn’t work…). Any suggestions please!

Thanks in advance,
    Demi

2. hornett177

hornett177

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Demi, your panel has suffered from screen burn or image retention:eek:
    Not good! this happens when a fixed image is left on the screen for too long. This is a real problem with Pioneer sets as they drive the panel very hard to produce good brightness and contrast levels.
    An engineer may be able to do something for you but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Check your Pioneer manual and see if it has a screen burn warning in big bold letters in a prominant place, if not you may be able to go back to the retailer you bought in from and have grounds for complaint. If you are lucky they may be able to get rid of the burned image for you, if you are really really lucky you may get a new set and if you are really really really lucky swop it for a Panasonic!!
    sorry I have no good news for you:(