Pioneer PDP- 436 SXE

D

Dalry

I think I've made my mind up and I'm going to get the Pio 436 SXE. I've managed to get a price match from JLP Cheadle and they have ageed a price of £2279.99. (Hi Fi Confidential £2199.99 plus £80 delivery).

Any advice on whether the side speakers PDP-537 would be a valued addition to the set up.

Depends wether you are deaf or not. Joking apart it would depend if you have an av set up or not, I find its handy to have the side speakers when you want to listen to something like the news or eastenders and dont want the hastle of setting up your av system.

Dalry Cock said:
Any advice on whether the side speakers PDP-537 would be a valued addition to the set up.

you dont need them...the 436SXE has speakers built in....;)

Are you getting the 436XDE.....?

Reaperman said:
you dont need them...the 436SXE has speakers built in....;)

Are you getting the 436XDE.....?

No the 436sxe. One thing I have noticed that there does not seem to be connections at the bak of the sxe for speakers.

How would you overcome this?

Dalry Cock said:
No the 436sxe. One thing I have noticed that there does not seem to be connections at the bak of the sxe for speakers.

How would you overcome this?

Correct there are no speaker connections as they are already built in....why would you want more.....?????

Dalry Cock said:
I think I've made my mind up and I'm going to get the Pio 436 SXE. I've managed to get a price match from JLP Cheadle and they have ageed a price of £2279.99. (Hi Fi Confidential £2199.99 plus £80 delivery).

How did you manage to get a price match, do Hi Fi Confidential have conventional shops selling at the same price as online?

As mentioned, you don't need additional speakers. The XDE is a panel with the option to connect both side or bottom speakers. The SXE is a 'one box' tv with a bottom speaker system already fitted. However' you may then want to get a home cinema system to really improve things , as well. BTW saw the SXE in Comet yesterday and it looks quite nice. ( Had the compulsory poor quality feed mind you, as you would expect )

Richchad said:
How did you manage to get a price match, do Hi Fi Confidential have conventional shops selling at the same price as online?

Went on the web site and phoned them up at their London store. The only differece to that quoted on the web site was the delivery charge which increased from £69.99 to £80.00

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom