1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-435FDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jepsen, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Jepsen

Jepsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying this Plasma tv.

Is it possible to buy another media box to the set.

A media box with maybe more connections?

I dont have the money to buy the HDE model.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    No, you are stuck with it. The FDE/HDE does not have more connections anyway, so no drawbacks there. 2 choices, buy a scart switch, or buy an AV amp. This might switch scart or component video, depending on your requirements. You might well find you get better results with another screen, even a cheaper one, if you don't need the media box then. You need to be fixated on that polished black surround to buy this screen IMHO, the only outstanding connection is the HDMI, that I'll agree is stunning with the right source. You can get a processor that acts as a video hub, but again if you have one of these, you can get even better results with a different plasma. The FDE/XDE plasmas are designed as a end user 'out of the box' TV just like we used to buy from Currys, just plug it in and go. If your setup contains more complications than a STB, VCR and DVD you will run into some difficulties. They can all be overcome, but it's a lot of money to spend when it's only a part solution.