1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-435FDE the right step? Advice please

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by ayrshiredude, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Ok I have been looking for a decent large screen tv for about a year now. I started off with a Tosh 42"CRT RPT but after problems with convergence moved to a samsung RPT this had a terrible picture with a lot of smeering on it. I then had 2 Sony 44" RPT's these had a streaking effect with bright objects on screen.

I recently bought the new Samsung 46" DLP RPT from Makro and though I thought the picture was pretty stunning, I seem to be sensitive to the "rainbow effect".

So, as far as I can see this leaves me with the only other option for a large panel display to be a Plasma.

I was looking in Currys yesterday and saw the Pioneer PDP-435FDE and wanted to know what this is like as a display. I mainly watch a mixture of Sky Digital and DVD so am not really too bothered about off air pictures. Though the price is a little high at £2500 this includes a Pioneer DVD recorder, Glass Shelfing Unit, Rio Carbon 5Gb Mp3 Player and 2 free flights to New York or Boston.

I also work for the Dixons Company so would get 10% off this price, would seel the DVD recorder and Rio hopefully getting about £300 for them so this would bring the cost down to under £2000.

Is this a decent set to go for? Am I going to be happy with the picture quality on it? I can admit that I am a bit of a perfectionist so don't want to spend this kind of money to be dissapointed.

Is there any other sets or options that can be recommended that will provide first rate image quality at a relatively affordable price?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers