1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-435FDE RGB Connection with SKY

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tomwheeler, Dec 9, 2004.

1. tomwheeler

tomwheeler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everybody,

Now im new to this whole home cinema stuff, but my parents have recently bought a Pioneer PDP-435FDE. At home we have sky but i cant seem to get the RGB out of Sky onto the plasma. I have gone into the settings on the sky box and selected output mode RGB, and then on the plasma Input mode RGB, and the picture goes blank. Please help, I'm at the end of my tether!

Tom

2. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Are you using a correctly wired scart? Normally, all you have to do is set the sky to RGB and the input on the tv to RGB on AV1 as you've done. The sky box will automatically output composite as well as RGB so I would have expected that to appear on screen if you'd not set the input correctly. To end up with a blank screen indicates to me that the screen is set correctly but is not receiving the RGB signal being output hence my query regarding the scart.

3. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Have you checked that the scart from the sky box is plugged into the correct one? , since there are two scart sockets, one for the tv and one for video.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That couls easily be it, once you select RGB mode on the plasma it won't give a picture with just composite.

5. tomwheeler

tomwheeler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went and bought an expensive scart and i definately plugged it in the right socket on the sky box, I phoned up Pioneer and they think its either a problem with the sky box or the media reciever. Thanks for your help everybody, i wont rest until I have that RGB signal!

Tom

6. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I have a 434, so check your 435 manual but on 434 only 2 of the 3 Scarts are RGB enabled (Input 1 and Input 3). These default to composite, so you need to change it to RGB.

Also, have you enabled RGB output on your Sky Box.

Good luck.