1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-434HDE Stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spindoctor, Oct 31, 2003.

1. spindoctor

spindoctor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a bit of a dillema, where I would ideally like to hang up my Pioneer PDP-434HDE on the wall, but have a flat with those chipboard like walls. So the first question is can I still hang a plasma off it, or am I running the risk of finding it on the floor at some point?

Second option is to get a stand for the plasma. I've seen some nice stands out there, but they all seem to cost between £500-£700, which is far too much for a metal pole. So any ideas about where I can get them cheaper?

Cheers

2. Phil_Yeoman

Phil_Yeoman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    spindoctor

When you say chipboard wall do you mean they are plasterboard nailed to wooden batterns, or do you actually mean they are wood panneled walls?

If you have plaster board then you can hang your plasma and this forum has several threads which discuss how. A wooden faced wall would present no problems at all

Phil

3. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    The average plasma weighs somewhere between 30 and 40Kgs.
    I would hazard a guess that a double panel 1m long radiator must weigh close to this and they are usually held up with 2 brackets and a couple of screws in each bracket.
    I too have modern plasterboard walls and I have no qualms about fixing the bracket to the wall with 4 or 6 toggle fixings.
    Even better will be to screw the bracket to the wooden frame that the plasterboard itself is nailed to.

4. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also planning to hang the 434 on the wall.

One problem which is nagging me is the buzzing issue. If the buzzing is really bad, than fixing the panel to the wall (esp. a plasterboard type) will worsen the problem. Then a free stand might be better.

But how bad is the buzzzzzzz...:suicide:

5. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    In the same position as you joys...can some of the the new owners please comment???

JJ

6. spindoctor

spindoctor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got hold of the plasma, and they threw in the mini stand with the TV, which wasn't bad at all. But none the less its very low down and I have put it on the floor at the moment.

However its gotta be up there, so I need a stand that is fairly high up say at least 1 metre up, so that I can see the whole set up in its full glory.

So the question is, where can I get a good looking stand for under £500 in the UK?

I am considering maybe even shipping the thing in from the US as most of the stand prices are up in the £700-£800 range which is far too much when I need to be spending on other things like speakers and so on.

7. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jasonjo,

my wall mount is now installed (I had to make a decision) and the plasma on order to be delivered next Saturday (Actually they have it in stock, but I have no time during the week).

I will report how the buzz is next week.

8. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Joys - Which mount did u end up getting?

buzz + other feedback very welcome ;)

JJ

9. hawkinm

hawkinm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    trust me - the buzz is not bad at all. My wife didnt notice it - and if there's anything to criticise about it (its too big blah blah blah) I'd know about it........ he he

I sit about 2m away and cant hear the damn thing at all - only when I hover around the back can I hear it - and I dont do that very often. Mine is on the table top stand withthe speakers underneath - I'm sure it will look much better mounted independently and free of the attached speakers.

Myself, I'm waiting for new furniture and a pio868dvd, and wont be wall mounting (yet)...

luverly screen with the benefits that it can only get better (hdmi/hdtv etc) - I only envy those with a room big enough to take the 50" when it arrives.

I got mine from my local pio dealer - best price around and free setup with excellent customer service.

Mark

10. hawkinm

hawkinm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    make that 3metres away - you know what they say about blokes and measurements.............

11. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112