1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP-4340HD - US Model

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Costas, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Has anyone seen this spec? It shows that the US version media box has two HDMI inputs and two iLink ones. See the link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4125_17574605,00.html

Does this ever justify the US recommended asking price?

With Euro1080 HD TV starting in January, I could see the need coming relatively soon for one HDMI input for DVD player and one for HD satellite receiver....

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Costas, true to my avatar I am here to contain your wild enthusiasm.

1. UK 434 boxes are having trouble. Have you checked for any US difficulties? Bet they've got them worse.

2 All you will see on euroHD is junior eurovision song contest. :D As I'm sure your sympathies do not lie in the michael jackson direction, this can have no possible interest. I'm sure that in x years time when there might be something worth watching, the pioneer 439HDE will have few troubles left, and there will be a usable amp that switches HDMI, for skyHD, euroHD, freeviewHD and DVD. As you will be sitting in a bath chair by that time wearing incontinence pants, you will have plenty of time to watch it all!:laugh:

3. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +482
    Not sure what use iLINK is on the media receiver as HDMI is an audio and video interface anyway so why would you need 2 high bandwidth digital audio connections to your plasma?

Not fair about the 2 HDMI ports though...

4. jfraser

jfraser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Costas,
    I'm going the other way...I'm having a 504 sent to the US....The US 4340' & 5040's only accept NTSC (there is no multistandard provision in either the media box, or the panel)......The panel does not have the updated filter (you have to buy the ELITE version of the TV for that...it's black and ugly)....Also,The media box doesn't have the pcmcia slot

5. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Good ponits guys.... which makes even more puzzling on the asking US price