1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer PDP 434 in Silver?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gazzad, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Looking on Leading Edge Concepts web-site they're advertising both a black and SILVER PDP 434HDE. Has anyone seen one of these as their prices look very competitive? Any images out there anywhere?

I like the black personally, but the missus prefers silver.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Any colour you like as long as it's black. No options.

3. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Maw

That's exactly what I thought (been looking at this plasma for some time now), but they're advertising a silver version (extra £200 over black) see www.leconcepts.com and follow links to plasma and then Pioneer. I wonder if these are the older 433 which comes in silver? Although it definitely says at the top of the page that the "PDP-434 and 504HDE plasma displays are now available in silver"

At these prices though, the black version looks too good to resist.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Interesting. They have it at the same price, then when you click to buy, it's £200 more in your basket... My pioneer rep is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I know a man to ask, I'll get him to post.

5. bayonic

bayonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... sticking with the colour thread , is there an option to replace the silver speakers with black ones ?

would appreciate some price info and model numbers .

thanks

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Ok, we think the screens with non-black bezels are either imports from Japan, or have been painted. Neither are a particular problem, but a non-ec import will not have a pioneer warranty.

7. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bayonic

I've seen the 434HDG equipped with the "optional black speakers", it looks very neat in that panel, I think your Pioneer dealer should be able to order one fro you, I don;'t know the exact price, but I've been told it is around US$360, can't find the exact pic in Pioneer's web sites, but the following is the closest match of what it should be looked like on your 434.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/vgn/images/portal/cit_3442/17573254PRO-910HD_big.jpg

By the way, you can only fit this pair of black speakers on the left and right side of the panel, NOT underneath as the silver ones.

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Not in UK you can't.

9. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since bayonic is living in different time zone away from UK, therefore I think he can. :D

10. bayonic

bayonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes I can :) .... by some coincidence i happened to pass through an AV Fair today and got to talk to some Pioneer people ....

the model number for the optional black speakers is PDP S20 LR .... they sell for about 1500 HKD a pair < around 104 GBP > .... must be ordered from Japan though .

i think i'll fork out the cash , and keep the silver speakers as a spare ... those black speakers just make the Display look .... elite :)

by the way .... of the Panasonic , Hitachi , JVC , Toshiba , Samsung , Philips , Fujitsu , Sony and benQ displayed in the fair , I still choose the Pioneer.

Fujitsu had a 63 inch PDP , Philips had a Mirror TV , and Sony was IMHO the worst of the bunch.

thanks

11. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By some coincidence I happened to pass through that AV show in S.T. too, but I had appointment by then, so I did not spend much time there, but I found the massive Fujitsu 63" and Philips new 50" panels with backlight really impressive, too bad I was in hurry yesterday.

12. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Impessive philips? They must have been burning the midnight oil. Wish they'd burn some for their new remotes.

13. Prodigal

Prodigal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly speaking, at the 1st glance, the Philips new 50" plasma was not bad at all, but they were just showing the normal demo disc ( people walking around on beach and something like that ) as I've spent only about 5 to 10 mins in front of their booth, I couldn't see any big fault on that display though.

But the massive 63" Fujitsu's PQ is definitely very impressive for that kind of size, I could not see very obvious artefacts on this display, but again, they were not showing any fast moving materials. The only booth that actually was showing a DVD movie was Pioneer, needless to say, the PQ was so stunning as I own one myself. :D

14. bayonic

bayonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

15. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    If you want to see the 63" Fuji in the Uk, It's currently on display at Harrods in Knightsbridge.

There must be something wrong with me because they have a 50" (maybe 42") samsung and I thought it looked quite good!!! Although it was only showing Nemo, the image looked very 3D (great debth) with vivid colours... I think I'd beter go and lie down now.