Pioneer PDP-42MXE20 DVI-Set Up

firestone222

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help...maybe someone has experienced the same issue.

I have a Pioneer PDP-42MXE20 plasma panel and a Onkyo TX-SR606 AV amp. I use a PS3 and Humax DVR-9200T as inputs. Its a nice setup when its working properly. The only problem I have is that when I put the TV into standby and then switch it on again one of the settings on the TV has changed which results in the picture not being displayed properly - lots of flashing coloured lines round the edge.

The setting in question is the Plug/Play setting under DVI set up in the Set Up menu. It needs to be set to Video instead of PC. When changed to Video it works correctly but when I switch the TV into standby and on again it is back to PC.

I would be greatful for any suggestions...Pioneer were not so helpful but were quick to say its not a fault with the panel! Their most helpful suggestion was that the CEC control part of the HDMI signal for the AV amp may be sending the wrong signal but I have checked the amp and HDMI control is set to on??

Thanks for any help!
Chris

I forgot to say that the Onkyo amp is connected to the plasma panel with a HDMI to DVI cable...

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom