• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer PDP-428XD only 1 HDMI socket???

pioneerandy

Standard Member
Hi,

I hope somebody cn help me although I am a bit naive when it comes to electrical equipment.

I have just purchased a pioneer PDP 428xd plasma and I note from the instruction manual that it should have 3 HDMI input sockets (numbered 4,5 and 6 in the instruction manual) however on looking at the tv itself it only appears to have 1 HDMI input socket.
Is this right or is my TV not correct.

I would really appreciate it if somebody can help as it is driving me nuts

Many thanks

witham

Established Member
Just checked mine and there are definitely more than 1 HDMI sockets:

Page 13 of the aforementioned user manual states:

1 AC IN terminal
2 RS-232C terminal (used for factory setup)
3 CONTROL OUT terminal (supports SR+)
4 INPUT 1 terminal (HDMI)
5 INPUT 3 terminal (HDMI)
6 INPUT 4 terminal (HDMI)
7 PC INPUT terminal (Analogue RGB)
8 COMMON INTERFACE slot
• For a CA Module with a smart card
9 ANT (Antenna) input terminal
• Power can be supplied through this terminal
10 INPUT 1 terminal (SCART)
11 INPUT 2 terminal (SCART)
12 INPUT 3 terminal (SCART)
13 INPUT 2 terminals (Audio)
14 INPUT 2 terminals (COMPONENT VIDEO: Y, PB, PR)
15 AUDIO OUT terminals
16 SUBWOOFER output terminal
17 PC INPUT terminal (Audio)
18 DIGITAL OUT terminal (OPTICAL)
19 SPEAKERS terminals (right/left)

:thumbsup:

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
If it doesn't have 3 HDMI, lord knows what I have plugged in where :eek:
Are you receiving signal from your HDMI device? Input 4 is dedicated to HDMI, the rest have to be enabled.

NyseriA

Standard Member
Heh, I was meaning that if it doesn't have said HDMI ports, I have a lot of HDMI plugged into random holes that seem to be functioning as them :D

Kev12

Prominent Member
Heh, I was meaning that if it doesn't have said HDMI ports, I have a lot of HDMI plugged into random holes that seem to be functioning as them :D

:confused:

What have you plugged in and to what sockets?
Was it a brand new set, I was wondering if you bought second hand, as the 4270 only had 1 HDMI socket.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Are you receiving signal from your HDMI device? Input 4 is dedicated to HDMI, the rest have to be enabled.

:confused:

What have you plugged in and to what sockets?
Was it a brand new set, I was wondering if you bought second hand, as the 4270 only had 1 HDMI socket.

NyseriA is posting tongue in cheek remarks...the OP is the person who has had the issue. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom