Pioneer PDP-428XD - attaching swivel stand

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by shredder87, Jan 22, 2008.

1. shredder87

shredder87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just recently bought this TV with the TS25 swivel stand, but the instructions don't tell you whether to use the long or short poles on the swivel stand for this model TV.

I took a guess and went for the long poles since it mentioned these should be used if your TV has a speaker at the bottom. However after fitting, my TV is now approx 15cm higher than the table it sits on, and I would have liked it shorter.

Before I take it all apart again, I'd like to know if anyone fitted the shorter poles to the swivel stand instead for this TV ?

2. Kickback

Kickback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes - I did the same as you originally and went with the longer poles but thought the TV looked too high. Changed to the shorter poles and it looks much better.

3. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, im getting my 428xd next week, just waiting for intrest free credit card to come :) and will be fitting the swivel stand. With how heavy the tv is, is fitting the stand a one person job?
    Thanks Baggy69.

4. shredder87

shredder87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I did it on my own, but it was a struggle. I put the stand on the floor, then lifted the TV up using the two hand grips on the back on the TV. Trouble is once you're standing up holding the TV, you can't see where the holes are to slot it in as this is down by your feet, so it pretty much becomes guesswork. The TV is quite heavy, I could only lift it about about waste level at a push.

The swivel stand on its own is also heavy, so when the two are fixed together, you'll have an almighty job lifting it onto a TV table/stand. I would definately recommend 2 people for this.