Pioneer PDP-4280XD & DCS-370

Dav25ds

Standard Member
I have recently bought the Pioneer PDP-4280XD & DCS-370

The Problem I have is that I cannot get any sound through watching normal TV i.e. Sky + I am aware that the DCS-370 has no optical out or CO-AXIAL but I can still hear sound through the Left & Right speakers via RCA Cables. How do I acheive this as I have connected the RCA Cable to the TV Audio Out and the DCS-370.

Also does anyone have any tweaked versions of settings that I can apply to the TV to acheive a much better viewing quality?????

Regards,

Dav25ds :thumbsup:

P

Pioneer Man

Hi,

The DCS-370 can not take in anything other than a 2 channel stereo signal via phono inputs, it will then amplify that directly and reproduce it via the front left and right speakers of the DCS system, it can not convert an external signal into surround sound.

If you have a regular Sky box then connect that to the plasma by Scart and then the 2 channel phono from the TV to the DCS system.

If you want surround from the TV or a digital source then you need a better sound system, such as the RCS-LX60D or the new LX01 system.

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Hi Pioneer Man,

I have exactly done this:

If you have a regular Sky box then connect that to the plasma by Scart and then the 2 channel phono from the TV to the DCS system.

But still no sound any thoughts????

P

Pioneer Man

Firstly check that you get sound from the speakers built into the plasma from the Sky box, if you do then check the connection from the phono out of the plasma is the right one....

As you look at the back of the plasma the Phono out are to the right of the component video input, the phono connections to the left of the component in are audio inputs, not outputs....

If you don’t get sound on the TV then check the Scart cable is fully wired and the right way around if directional.

As a last hope, try the DCS with a phono feed from something else.

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Pioneer Man have tried what you stated but still no sound. I get sound through the plasma speakers whilst watching sky but no sound through the left & right speakers. Does the DV-370 need to be on in order to hear the sound??????

I spoke www.rgbdirect.co.uk whom stated that I need to select audio out :rolleyes:

P

Pioneer Man

'Does the DV-370 need to be on in order to hear the sound?'

Well, I don’t want to seam rude, but how on earth do you expect the DCS system to do anything if it is not turned on and you have selected the Line input........

Dav25ds

Standard Member
OOOOPPPPS, I'm still a novice to all this so do bear with me.......

You mentioned that the line input is selected. How do I go about activating this as the manual is not very clear!!!!!!:thumbsup:

P

Pioneer Man

1, take a look at the phono sockets on the back of the plasma, make sure your conectint to the corect sockets.

2, make sure that cable is connected to the phono inputs on the back of the DCS system,

3 make sure that the DCS is on and you have used the line button on the remote control to select the input.

If you cant figure that out, put it all back in the box and take it back.....

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Pioneer Man I appreciate your help but being sarcastic is not necessary!

The reason this forum exists is to help people like myself that are experiencing a few problems with set-up's.

I have double checked everything the phono leads are plugged into the TV (AUDIO OUT) and into the DCS-370 (AUDIO OUT) selecting LINE from the remote and still no sound!!!! however the sound is produced through the TV speakers not LEFT & RIGHT.

Once I insert a Music CD / Movie all is great. No sound is comming when watching SKY which is connected via SCART and I have set it as INPUT 1

Anyone care to shed some light onto this???:( :lease:

Regards,

Dav25ds

P

Pioneer Man

Don’t treat the sarcasm as personal :thumbsup:

Take a look at this picture, make sure that the red and white connections on your phono cable is connected to the red and white phono sockets on the right hand side of the RGB component phono connections (socket labelled audio out)

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/downloa.../pioneer&filename=kuro_pdp_508_xd_xa_back.jpg

To the socket labelled line '2 audio in' on the back of the XV-DV360 system. You then need to press the line button on the remote for the XV-DV360 a number of times to select line 2

t1gro

Standard Member
think i know your problem,

turn off dvd by pressing standby.
press and hold setup for 1 second (a menu will appear on dvd unit)
press alone untill you see lineout
press enter
dvd will reset, turn it back on and see if it works,

i think its on page 27 of the manual.

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Tigro,

I've tried what you posted but on the MENU there is no LINEOUT option :rolleyes:

Can you confirm this is correct:

"press alone untill you see lineout"

P

Pioneer Man

What is shown on the front of the DCS system if you press the line button on its remote control a number of times?

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Pioneer man my point being that as per tigro's instructions:

think i know your problem,

turn off dvd by pressing standby.
press and hold setup for 1 second (a menu will appear on dvd unit)
press alone untill you see lineout
press enter
dvd will reset, turn it back on and see if it works,

i think its on page 27 of the manual.

There is no LINEOUT option when you scroll through the menu on the DVD Display.

Am I doing something wrong as this is turning into a complete nightmare!!!!!

P

Pioneer Man

there is no option in the menu and nothing about this on page 27 of the manual.

Just give me a one clear answer or I wont bother to try to help you any more, what is shown on the front of the DCS system when you press the line button on its remote controle once or twice?

Dav25ds

Standard Member
Pioneer man when I press standby and hold the setup button for a second I get the following:

DEMO / YV SYS / HDMI INI / HDMI OUT / KEYLOCK

When I press the line button on its remote controle once or twice I get the following:

LINE OFF / LINE ON when selecting this on the top right hand corner it states REC MODE

N

nippo_

I have recently bought the Pioneer PDP-4280XD & DCS-370

The Problem I have is that I cannot get any sound through watching normal TV i.e. Sky + I am aware that the DCS-370 has no optical out or CO-AXIAL but I can still hear sound through the Left & Right speakers via RCA Cables. How do I acheive this as I have connected the RCA Cable to the TV Audio Out and the DCS-370.

Dav25ds :thumbsup:

Hello Dav,
I also have a 4280xd, connected to a dcs-575 which is basically the following generation from yours. I think the setup is exactly the same as mine, with the difference that the newer one can simulate surround sound from any input.
Straight to the point, I get the TV sound to the DCS using an RCA cable. The cable is then connected to a RCA to SCART adaptor, and plugged in the SCART port on the DCS. This port, in fact, doubles as an audio input. You DO use HDMI to send video to your screen, don't you?
Anyway, when you do that, from the DCS remote control you can toggle between LINE input modes. Works for me, great for freeview movies.
I hope your (earlier) model works the same way. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio