Pioneer pdp-4270xd HDMI HELP!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Martinslost, May 6, 2007.

1. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ladies and gents, hoping you can help me out here. My bro's just moved house and got himself a new pioneer pdp-4270xd which we picked up today. He's also got a PS3 and we've been waiting for a while to be able to play a couple of bluray dvd's and the games via HDMI.

Got the TV, got an HDMI cable, no probs we thaught, plug in the cable, go to the settings and enable it. Nope. the TV is telling us this error message:

or similar.

We're at our wits end, cant find anything to help at all. the shop staff are useless. We dont know what settings not right and we've just about clicked everything which seems like it may affect it. Can anyone shed some light?

Any help most appreciated!

Martin

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    Have you set the PS3 to output HDMI??

3. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply.

yeah we did, well the only option we could find on the PS3 for it, its does a test which checks to see if you can see an HDMI signal on the screen, which of course we cant see. Seems odd but from what I can tell to view HDMI you need the TV HDMI port switched on, yet to switch it on you need the PS3 to be in HDMI mode...but to have the PS3 in HDMI you need the TV HDMI port switched on...vicious circle! Really getting annoying. All the TV manual says is to go to the HDMI option, enter it and select enable (or disable) there's no mention of other settings.

4. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +986
    It is annoying but you have to choose hdmi on the ps3 and when the screen goes blank you need to swicth to the hdmi input on the TV quickly and then confirm, you don't get long.

5. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers! will try that :D

6. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    How did it go?

7. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    didnt work I'm afraid, TV is still greying the HDMI option out and saying the current settings do not allow for changing / activating. Getting to the point if taking it back and having a few words in someones ear about it :rolleyes:

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    You should be able to select HDMI as the input even with nothing connected IIRC, are you sure you are looking at the right input? There is one which appears to offer HDMI but in fact does not, again IIRC, I don't do Xds very often, and by the sound of things you are finding out why. They can be a bit strange and frustrating, be assured it's got nothing to do with your IQ. I have a brain the size of a planet as you see, and they still give me a terrible pain in the diodes from time to time.

9. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep deffo looking at the right one, input #3 and the only HDMI option on the TV that we can find as the menu system itself is fairly simple and doesnt have too many options.

10. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    I've had this happen to me, unfortunately over a year ago, and I can't remember what I did. If you send me an email, my address is in my profile, I'll ask the guys, see if they know. I'll lose track of the thread otherwise.

11. Bumtious

Bumtious
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,650
    Martin

I will pm you lets have a phone conv

12. dpathic2001

dpathic2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Press and Hold The PS3 power button for around 6 seconds or until you hear a single beep...the PS3 will now auto detect monitor output and be visible for further optimisation

13. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely its more to do with a plasma setting rather than anythig attached to it?
    What does holding down the button on the PS3 actually do that setting the output setting to HDMI doesnt?

14. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Hi Martin, having a conference here about your problem here chez TBPAV. The consensus here is that you will need a second display to do this, now you have reached this point. You can't say yes to switch the PS3 to HDMI with no picture, and you have 8 seconds to enable HDMI on the pioneer..... So, connect the HDMI, bring your portable tv and connect composite to it. Get the PS3 on the portable with composite. Select input 2 on the pio, go into the setup menu where HDMI is greyed out. Now, with the portable, enable HDMI on the PS3. The greyed out box should go live on the pio at this point, and if you are quick, you can select it, and click OK to confirm HDMI output on the PS3. Long winded, but we think it will work.

15. Martinslost

Martinslost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    holy cow! talk about complicated lol.

Cheers for the help, will see if we can try that, think i have a spare tv hanging around so will have to try that soemtime this weekend. Thanks for your help MAW, I will let you know how we get on!

edit: one question, is the input 2 for the composite? as the HDMI is input 3? (I dont live with my bro so going by memory!)