Pioneer PDP-4270XD 7 flashing blue led

GTeng

Hi,

Picked up a very cheap Pioneer plasma for use in the spare room, was working ok when I brought it home but since moving it upstairs it now won’t turn on. All I’m getting is a click and the blue led flashes 7 times. I’ve counted it several times as I see the 8 blink threads but can not find any info on the 7 blinks? Hopefully something simple but if not no biggie. I’ve unplugged from power and left it before powering back on but same thing happens. Also don’t have a remote for it unless I can program my harmony for it?

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
No idea about the lights but you can certainly program your Harmony for it. I'm sure 7th gen will be in their database but if not just programme it as an 8th gen model. I have both and the remotes are all interchangeable.

GTeng

No idea about the lights but you can certainly program your Harmony for it. I'm sure 7th gen will be in their database but if not just programme it as an 8th gen model. I have both and the remotes are all interchangeable.
Cool cheers I’ll give it a bash and see if I can do some diagnostics from that.

GTeng

Messaged the Pioneer man on ebay and he has confirmed it's a power issue with the voltage regulators on the main board, £50 for the part so think it will be going in the skip.

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Such a shame but that 50 quid would probably be better used towards a used 4280 instead. That said, if you can fix it yourself at no further expense and if it's for your spare room, it still might be worth doing. I still have a 427 in the main bedroom and haven't really felt the urge to upgrade it at all.

GTeng

Such a shame but that 50 quid would probably be better used towards a used 4280 instead. That said, if you can fix it yourself at no further expense and if it's for your spare room, it still might be worth doing. I still have a 427 in the main bedroom and haven't really felt the urge to upgrade it at all.
I know, but I've not really got the time to faff about soldering etc, when 2nd hand TV's are so cheap these days. There's a 50inch Pana plasma along the road from me for £100. G10b