Pioneer PD-P508XD RCSlx60d PDA V100HD set up

O

ozzybruv

Ok, so i have been reading as much as i can about the set up for my new Pioneer system which should arrive this week.

I have bought the following:
PDP508xd Plasma TV
RCSlx60d Home cinema
PDA-V100HD Convertor
Plus accesories, leads etc

I also want to connect a PS3 and sky box

I am not technically minded at all so i am struggling to understand what most people are talking about. I thought it would be a straightforward process, just a few cables to connect and i would be away.
After reading this forum i am now concerned this could turn into a full blown nightmare, to which my wife would go ballistic as it took me long enough to persuade her we needed this system plus i kind of lied about the total cost.

So my question is simple: is there an idiot sheet for connecting all of this up?

If anyone could be of assistance i would be grateful.

Hi,

Hmmm, Idiot guide....

Ok, but first a bit more information, is the pannel going on a wall, do you want to hide the DVD recorder and PDA-V100HD away, how far from the screen will thay be?

What other devices do you have, VCR, AV amp?

Hi Pioneer Man,

Ok, i have ordered the WKM02 wall mount with the swivel stand with the intention of the stand being used in the short term while i get the living room completed so the tv can go on the wall with everything else about 5m away.

As i see it i have ordered a 10m qed hdmi cable to go from the convertor to the tv, 2m qed leads to go from the PS3, RCSLX60D and the Sky box to the convertor, and 2 optical cables to go from the RCSLX60D to the convertor?

I have also got the undermount speaker which i am now wondering why i ordered that.

I do not need a vcr (video recorder yes) and as for the av amp well i am not sure what that is for but i have not got that.

One other thing and i am probably wrong but the spec on the RCSLX60D said it has a slot for a smart card so there is no need for a decoder does that relate to me doing away with the sky box?

Thanks

Hi,

Ok, that’s a bit clearer.

1, connect the HDMI cable from HDMI 4 on the plasma to the output of the PDA-V100HD
2, connect the 2 channel phono of the plasma to the phono input on the sub of the RCS system
3, connect the HDMI out of the RCS and PS3 and SkyHD to inputs 1, 3 and 4 of the PDA
4, connect the optical out of the PS3 and SkyHD to the optical ins on the sub of the RCS
5, connect an antenna feed through the RCS and then to the plasma
6, enable the use of the Video converter in the menus of the plasma

don’t dig the cables into the wall until you figure it all out and use large conduits when you do.

Did you watch the gadget show HDMI test.....:thumbsup:

Good afternoon,

Thats sounds easy enough, although i thought the point of the PDA was that i then only had 1 wire going to the Plasma.

What is the point of the PDA if this is not the case?

Also was i not correct on the sky box not being needed?

Thanks again

Hi,

The Sky box is still needed, the RCS systems card slot is to enable you to decode the subscription Freeview broadcasts.

I have just been told all my Pioneer equipment is arriving Thursday morning, so all being well i should be able to connect it all up now without too much hassle.

Although i am still a bit peeved that there will be 3 wires from the PDA to the plasma when Pioneer say the point of the PDA is so that you only have one wire to the plasma, as i think i now may have to get longer optical cables.

Thanks for your help Pioneer Man.

You can just use 1 HDMI cable to the screen if all you want to watch is the signal from the DVD recorder.

You need the optical cable from the TV if you want to reproduce the audio from watching TV using the inbuilt analogue and digital tuners in the TV, you will also need an antenna to the TV to tune that in. The SR+ cable is useful if you want to add other pioneer kit and hide it away, it kind of joins the IR 'eyes' on the other kit to the eye on the plasma.

Have a play when you get it all, if you get stuck come back to us with questions, best of luck :thumbsup:

Hi Pioneer Man,

Its not going too well at the moment, the Pda has not arrived as promised and a couple of leads are not what i ordered.

Still i have managed to get sky and the ps3 up and running, but the picture is worse than my 506 plasma at the moment.

As for the rcs lx60d well there is no hope of me getting that running there are far too many wires to make head or tail of it, and when the pda does arrive i fear there will just be more problems.

Do you know or could you recomend any proffesionals in the Cornwall area i could get in to set it up correctly?

I think the more i mess with it the more i will get in a muddle plus i think a proffesional should be able to get the best picture as my wife thinks i have wasted the money on changing the tv so i would like to prove her wrong.

Thanks

Hi Pioneer Man,

I take it from the lack of reply that you do not know anyone in the Cornwall area.

I have made several attempts to get it all set up but i am not getting anywhere with it all,i'm not thick give me a roof to do and its not a problem. I just don't have a clue on this type of thing never have done and probably never will, horse for courses is the way i look at it.

I have phoned round different people out the phone book but none of them seem to either be interested or can do it.

So if any one can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for your help Pioneer man, i have got it all working now.
A little bit of thinking and reading the manuals, leaving it and coming back to it has paid of.

And your set up guide helped now i understand it more, thanks again.

quick question;

my father also has RCS-LX60D and PDP-508XD and I cant figure it out how to control everything with one remote (plasma remote)? Is it possible to control volume from surround speakers with plasma remote..? He hates the idea of having 2 remotes, one for changing channels and one for volume adjustment.

thnx

i am pretty sure it can be done, i can work the dvd player with the tv remote just by connecting them up with the small lead supplied and then programming the tv remote. So i am assuming the same can be done with the surround sound although i have not bothered as i now have sky hd with the PS3 which does everything the pioneer dvd player can do and more and better.
So i will probably get rid of the dvd player side of it and the PDA V100HD and then connect the surround sound side of it so i just use the tv remote.

But what a fantastic telly especially now i can watch football in HD, wow!
Which reminds me i have to go now to watch Harrys revoloution continue with the mighty Spurs hopefully beating Watford in the carling cup.

yes but how can it be done? I tried everything.... and the small cabel called "iLink" (at least I think so) its connected (plasma <---> RCS-LX60D). I can control almost everything except sound...

any thoughts?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom