1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Pal Prog

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Irish1, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Irish1

Irish1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there a Pioneer DVD player that has pal prog scan??

If not I was told by a few ppl that the Pioneer 656a would produce a better picture than some cheaper players with prog scan.

I will be using it on a AE100 projector will I be missing out on a lot by getting the 656A without the prog scan???

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not yet there's not i would expect its inclusion in the next line up of model.
    the 656 is stunning and while the pq will be better than a lot of cheaper prog scan players you'll still suffer from jaggies.

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi,

If you want an NTSC prog scan 656A, you could always import a U.S. spec one from www.jvb.nl This would actually work out cheaper than buying a U.K. spec player in the U.K. :smashin: You would miss out on the SACD feature, but would gain PS, which is nice! ;) Your other choice would be the 757Ai which again has NTSC prog scan, with DVD-A and SACD and featuring FireWire audio outputs. The 757Ai is a superb player and is available for about £630 MR modded. Hope this helps.

Steve