Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pioneer Pal Prog

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Irish1, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Irish1

Irish1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is there a Pioneer DVD player that has pal prog scan??

If not I was told by a few ppl that the Pioneer 656a would produce a better picture than some cheaper players with prog scan.

I will be using it on a AE100 projector will I be missing out on a lot by getting the 656A without the prog scan???

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not yet there's not i would expect its inclusion in the next line up of model.
    the 656 is stunning and while the pq will be better than a lot of cheaper prog scan players you'll still suffer from jaggies.

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

If you want an NTSC prog scan 656A, you could always import a U.S. spec one from www.jvb.nl This would actually work out cheaper than buying a U.K. spec player in the U.K. :smashin: You would miss out on the SACD feature, but would gain PS, which is nice! ;) Your other choice would be the 757Ai which again has NTSC prog scan, with DVD-A and SACD and featuring FireWire audio outputs. The 757Ai is a superb player and is available for about £630 MR modded. Hope this helps.

Steve