Pioneer or Yamaha budget AV

StevieDvd

Am going to return the Panasonic SA-XR15 to shop in next few days and wold appreciate feedback on its replacement.

Have the Yamaha HTR5640 or Pioneer VSX-C301 in mind.

Pioneer as the connections are scart including rgb

Yamaha as it has component (is that better if I only have rgb scart out on DVDR & NTL box)

Steve

GreenEagle

Standard Member
May I ask why you are returning this unit. I have seen rave reviews from owners about this new Panasonic digital amps.

Are they all they are cracked up to be?

StevieDvd

I bough the AV to direct the audio from NTL, DVDR and TV through a 5.1 speaker setup. I was looking at the Pioneer as it controlled the audio & video switching, has rgb in/out and the digital input.

The Panasonic SA-XR15 is cheaper and only has composite video so at present I only use it for audio. The missus is confused enough with the many remotes and I wanted to make it easier to select the audio/video.

You should see the confusion when the video signal is not the same as the audio.

Willing to spend a bit more but as I'd be switching it at Richers that limits my options.

To be honest only the Pioneer seems to do what I want. The Yamaha has 2 rgb component in but only one out. I think that means if I feed the DVDR and NTL box in via component either the TV or DVDR would use the 1 component out and the other would have to use a composite!

It's all making my head hurt!!!!!!!!

StevieDvd

Any suggestions? My 14 day trial period is going to end soon.

I find it hard to believe that the 'cheaper' Pioneer 301 has more rgb ins/outs than the Yamaha.

Am I just being stupid and missing the correct connections?

Have seen that 2/1 component in/out seems standard. So how would on connect NTL scart out(rgb), DVDR scart in & out(rgb) with scart tv (rgb) using say the Yamaha HRT5640 (or next model up)?

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom