Pioneer or Sony receiver?

P

parloner

Choosing between a Pioneer VSX409 or Sony STR DE375. Which one should I buy?

Have you discounted Denon for a good reason?

Originally posted by nigel
Have you discounted Denon for a good reason?

Probably because anything from Denon would cost Parloner about twice the amount he seems to want to spend here...

But Parloner... is that all you're able or prepared to spend, and are you sure you want to limit yourself to a Dolby Pro-logic receiver?

What's your budget and what do you want the receiver to be able to do?

Originally posted by pointon

Probably because anything from Denon would cost Parloner about twice the amount he seems to want to spend here...

But Parloner... is that all you're able or prepared to spend, and are you sure you want to limit yourself to a Dolby Pro-logic receiver?

What's your budget and what do you want the receiver to be able to do?

Well, I am sure Denon is an excellent choice but as pointon implies money is the issue. However, my intentions are primarily to get good music sound quality. I guess the Sony STR DE475 wich has the Digital Dolby would be a good choice if you want your system to grow later on without spending all your savings... (?)

The Sony STRDE475 would be a better choice, just because it offers more.

£200 can buy you a pretty good Digital AV amp. Take a look in Richer Sounds (know what you want when you go to a store and NEVER ask their advice) for instance... they have the Kenwood KRFV5050 DD/DTS AV Receiver for much less than £200 (£159.95+P&P on the website). I've heard this machine in action and it's great for the money.

There are bargains like this all over the place. You just need to do some searching.

only problem with the kenwood is spring clip speaker terminals. get a what-hifi mag and look at the hyperfi and richer ads.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom