1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer or Fujitsu....?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Andy_Hedges, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Andy_Hedges

Andy_Hedges
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help,

I'm in a real dilemma at the moment about buying a new Plasma Display.

My current components are as follows...

HK AVR 7500
    Pioneer DVD-545 (No Component Output)
    Sky+ Box
    PS2
    Games PC (DVI + VGA)
    Keene Quintro+ (Scart Switcher)

I will probably use it as follows....

TV 40%
    DVD 30%
    Games 30%

I went into the local Sevenoakes (Guildford) earlier on this week to have a look at the 434HDE & Panny W6 (Two models on my shortlist)

I had a look at both of them in the shop, and the 434 looked to be ahead by a mile in terms of the picture quality. However, the guy in Sevenoakes was really raving about the new Fujitsu 42HHA30ES and the fact that it does the 1024*1024 (512 really...) I didn't get a chance to look at the Fuji switched on, as I was on more of a fact finding mission, but he has got me thinking (and frantically trying to find any information on it!) He stated that one of the demo scenes they used (Signs) he said you could tell the difference between the screens in this one scene. He said that the Panny, gave a grey coloured sky, The Pioneer gave a bluish tinge and clouds were just about visible and with the Fuji, the sky and clouds was in perfect colour and definition! (Large pinch of salt as I haven't seen it with me own eyes! and I have been reading about 7oakes pushing particular brands) MAW, have you come across this model before????

The other downside is that my current DVD Player will not output in Component. While I didn't particularly want to change my DVD player, the 434 was rigged up to a Denon 2900 DVD Player and the picture did look fantastic (Pirates of the Carribean again!) I asked about HDMI and he said that the picture was better from the Denon with Component and Prog Scan compared with the Pioneer with the HDMI!!

So I have a real dilemma.... Buy a 434HDE with a month waiting time for around £3.8-£4.2K depending on where I buy. Or do I get the Fuji, which I have found for around £4-£500 less than the 434 and spend the difference on a new DVD player?

I potentially don't need the Media Box for the HDE, although I am limited somewhat by the inputs on the Fuji Panel.....

Any advice greatfully received as I am tearing my hair out at the moment... although I should probably 'look' at the Fuji screen before I buy!

Many thanks,

Andy

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Th AVR7500 you have will do a good job with video switching so perhaps go for the Fujitsu and a HK DVD 25/30 Component to amp PS2 component> Amp AMP to component input on Fujitsu, Sky on RGB, PC via VGA/DVi (not certain on Fujitsu's inputs) this solves the input dilemma, then you just need to decide on whether you like the screen!

3. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If the new Fujitsu is just as good as the current model then I'd put my money on the Fujitsu ! It's the only screen I have seen that excels in details, especially on faces ! Good luck !

4. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You didn't mention which panny you looked at?

Assuming it was the SD 42", then...

Have you given consideration to the HD panny's?

Seems a bit unfair to compare a HD Pio and Psudo HD Fuji against a SD Panny??

Cheers

Ryan