Pioneer on/off switch not working

Amigo199

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Radio/DVD unit in my Motorhome.

It's only just 18 months old but the on/off button switch has failed and the only way i can now power off is to disengage the head unit (same for powering on...i have to click the head unit into place). Everything else works perfectly.

Anyone know if the head units can be repaired or is it a case of putting up with it?

If it's just 18 months old I would be speaking first to the company that sold/fitted it and second to Pioneer if they won't help. My Alpine units have lasted years and years - no reason that a HU should fail that fast.

If it's just 18 months old I would be speaking first to the company that sold/fitted it and second to Pioneer if they won't help. My Alpine units have lasted years and years - no reason that a HU should fail that fast.

Unfortunately i bought it from Argos. As for fitting, i fitted it myself. Worked perfectly and used to remove the head unit each winter as it's fitted in a Motorhome which stood over last winter. It was on the first trip out last year i noticed this on/off button not working and the only way to power off/on is by removing the head unit each time.

Must admit if i'm critical of anything it's the feeble button switches which are little more than the size of a small nail head.....great for a woman with slender fingers but useless for a bloke with thick stumpy fingers!

I'll give Pioneer a call and see what they say.

Thanks for replying........was beginning to think nobody read the forums!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom