1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer NSDV990 discontinued ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Boaky, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Boaky

Boaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gutted.

Ordered my 990 yesterday at a bargain price from AV Sales. Got a call today saying when they ordered it from Pioneer, turns out it is discontinued.

Why would that be ? Reviews have been universally amazing. Does it suggest a new model is coming out ?

Anyone seen anywhere still selling these at all, or am I resigned to spending the extra cash and going for the NSDV1000.

Or is there an alternative - small, looks good, can do the job on DVD's and CD's ?

2. exc!aim

exc!aim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine from Empire Direct on Friday and was delivered Tuesday (was offered Monday delivery) which was quite quick. Price is under £400, however it's region 2.

Anybody know if there's a remote unlock on these or do I need to get one of those remotes with the code programmed into it?

Cheers

3. Boaky

Boaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't look good. Tried Empire and none in stock, none due to be ordered.

Why on earth would Pioneer discontinue something that is rated highly by all the mags etc ?

I guess perhaps it's in a price bracket between the DV99 and the DV1000 and they're concentrating on those.

Shame. I liked the idea of the flat speakers going on the wall - I HATE stands !!

Anyone know if the NSDV1000 speakers can be wall mounted ?

4. nugetto2003

nugetto2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday I heard that both the DV99 and DV990 are being discontinued - hence the amazing low prices now- and Pioneer has a successor. Has anyone seen pictures or heard of the spcifications?