1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer NSDV99 vs Panasonic SCHT520

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gorgeousbob, Jan 21, 2005.

1. gorgeousbob

gorgeousbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I could do with some advice please. Im visiting richer sounds tomorrow and have been looking at the Pioneer NSDV99 or the Panasonic SCHT520.

I have an NTSC/PAL compatible tv so I was thinking this would be a good feature to have on the DVD player but not sure if i should worry too much about it.

Also going to be using it as hifi substitute using cdr and mp3s. Anybody got either of these models? Which one would you recommend? Thanks

:lease:

2. Vnb

Vnb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I have the dv99 and am very happy with it. CD performance is very good,SACD and DVD audio sound great. No component out but picture from rgb scart is very good. Overall performance is excellent.

Downsides, the sub is very big and can only be located within a few feet of the player as power and amp are built into it. Remote could be better as well.
    You will also find a thread saying the speaker grills fall off. They do but mine go back easy enough.