1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer NSDV1000 any good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mattscholey, Nov 10, 2004.

1. mattscholey

mattscholey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm seriously looking into buying the Pioneer NSDV1000 for DVD Audio and Super Audio CD (SACD) playback. If you know this model, would you recommend it to me for this purpose?

I have read that when playing stereo sources the subwoofer is not active, and so the sound lacks bass. This is an important flaw, as I do wish to use the systems for DAB and CD. Is this subwoofer thing true, or is there a way of bypassing it?

Also, is 5-channel stereo (Dolby Pro Logic 2) any good for music? Does it "enchance the stereo sound" or just make a well mixed CD sound down-right weird?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I have the 99 and the sub is not inactive in stereo. But you cannot change the sub mode ie., cinema/p-bass etc., when playing sacd or dvd -audio Personally dont find this a problem As for p/logig2 it can enhance some music better than others.Wouldn't say there is a pattern a case of try and compare but its never weird. I source FM stereo a lot and some material can be excellent.don't know about dab but if freeview dig /radio is anything to go by I'll stick to FM
    In case you dont know you can download the manual for the 1000 from pioneers website
    cheers
    Jaymac