Pioneer NSDV-99

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Hamilton10, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Hamilton10

Hamilton10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying this system. Could someone tell me how it performs with 2-channel music and also its DVD-Audio / SACD performance.

I've read the reviews but would also appreciate some real world experiences.

2. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I find its fine on 2 channel music cd or fm stereo. It depends a bit on the type of music whether I use just stereo or prologicII music.generally stereo is best for me anyway. dvd audio have only tried Sinatra live at the Sands excellent much better than my dedicated cd player but not showstopping as a format demo, but Foreigner that is impressive vocals guitar/drum all gave realistic presence hhave just got tubular bells Sacd not had time to listen to it yet. but I would say either format is well worth it
    cheers
    PS See my post to skeeter re. manuals I got the 99 manual first and found the range of adjustments available were extensive thats what made the choice . reviews and auditions don't mean what it'll sound like at home

3. Hamilton10

Hamilton10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Jaymac.

Any other opinions?

4. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    played tub/bells today Sacd brill. I think as regards which format is better it depends a lot on the type of music. As for other opinions I would say for the money its a great bit of kit. I was a bit cautious about going for all in one as the sub was my concern music wise. but it is no problem. Apart from a selection of bass modes ( except in dvd-audio or sacd) the adjustment is +/- 10db at channel level also +/-3db treble/bass lift/cut so you can really tune to suit .One other thing it retains your bass settings for each mode. Any thing in particular you can think of to ask please do
    cheers

5. Skeeter

Skeeter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally it looks crap to me, small cheap like unit (alluminium i think tho) but the weird seperate LED display is unique and looks cool but i dunno why they done it for.

The performance compared to the dcs313 is only the dvd audio and that other one i think plus the dcs 313 looks smarter in my eyes and does everything and has loads of options as well so thats what drew me in.

I would like to know what would be the differences in options and stuff between the two incase im wrong.