1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer NS-DV990 Home Theatre System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Couj, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Couj

Couj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone tested or purchased this product? The store I saw it in didn't have it set up - so I couldn't test it out. It certainly looks pretty slick but I'd be interested to hear peoples opinions about how it sounds and what its picture quality is like. Doesn't seem to be much talk about it on the web yet.

2. filfil

filfil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounded good when I tried it, definitely better than the DV99

3. mazz158

mazz158

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Couj i would like to try and join the conversation if you don't mind I am also thinking about buying the DV990 but am a little conscerned about the speaker quality 100-35,000Hz
    compared to the ns-dv1000 which is 95-60,000Hz
    I am thinking that maybe the new type speakers on the dv990 maybe a selling gimmick!! I hope not beccause at least the dv990 has speaker stands incuded in the package!! The dv1000's speaker cost £250 pair which i think is outragous price!! The dv990 has got j-peg facility which is perfect for what i want!!As i an starting to save photos onto cdr now!!
    If example i bought the dv990 maybe later i could upgrade the speakers??? Does anybody think that the dv990 Amp could handle it?? I was thinking just upgrading to the same spec approx of the dv1000?? Has anybody got any thoughts on this idea??
    Looking forward to hearing if any body has heard the NS-dv1000 Or the NS-DV990 and what they think of it!!
    andy