Pioneer NC-50DAB-B UK3

Big Simon

Novice Member
Hi All,

I'm looking some guidance on the Pioneer NC-50DAB-B UK3 all in one CD player and music streamer.

Not sure if anyone has specific knowledge or experience of this unit, but appreciate any inout all the same.

3 specific queries

1. If i have a have a lot of digital music stored on a hard drive, USB unit etc will the display of this unit display the artwork from files, providing it is embedded within the file metadata? (Most of the files are MP3 or AAC). Non DRM and all my own. The preference of this unit is not so much to stream to it from a phone, mac, pc etc but instead to use it for CD's and my digital library collection.

2. My current set up comprises a Marantz PM6005 AMP. The preference would be to continue using this and connect the NC-50DAB unit to the AMP. I am aware the Pioneer unit has its own speaker terminals, but can i choose to connect to the AMP instead? Would i compromise anything by doing this and what is the best method of achieving same?

3. When Playing CD's do this unit also search for the artwork etc, (if connected to the internet) and then displays same on screen or does it use a different method, does it do it at all?

Appreciate all the help folks

Best

Simon.

mseve1

1. If i have a have a lot of digital music stored on a hard drive, USB unit etc will the display of this unit display the artwork from files, providing it is embedded within the file metadata? (Most of the files are MP3 or AAC). Non DRM and all my own. The preference of this unit is not so much to stream to it from a phone, mac, pc etc but instead to use it for CD's and my digital library collection.
Yes, artwork should be displayed

2. My current set up comprises a Marantz PM6005 AMP. The preference would be to continue using this and connect the NC-50DAB unit to the AMP. I am aware the Pioneer unit has its own speaker terminals, but can i choose to connect to the AMP instead? Would i compromise anything by doing this and what is the best method of achieving same?
The NC-50DAB has no provision to output either analogue or digital audio to an external amplifier

3. When Playing CD's do this unit also search for the artwork etc, (if connected to the internet) and then displays same on screen or does it use a different method, does it do it at all?
No artwork is displayed for CD playback

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom