1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer MXE433 4x3 sides colour change?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daliah Lavi, May 18, 2003.

1. Daliah Lavi

Daliah Lavi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could some kind soul give me directions to the 'installer menu' on this Pioneer for changing the 4x3 side bars, they are currently set at light grey :zonked:

Thanks, Simon C

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,472
    Daliah Lavi

I hope the kind sole advises that if your planning on running the display in 4:3 a lot of the time then the grey bars are designed to minimise the affects of uneven screen wear (especially during the running in period - 100+ hours).

If you view in 4:3 a lot of the time I'd be tempted to leave well alone until after your run in period.

Best regards

Joe

3. Daliah Lavi

Daliah Lavi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the warning Joe, I wasn't planning on touching them until the 100+ hours are up.
    But I do intend to watch a few hours a week in the 4x3 format & black side bars would be far easier on my eyes.

Simon C

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,472
    Simon C

A few hours a week wont be an issue - its really only if you have a display sitting with black bars for hours on end that you get a problem.

I think you'll find the instructions for getting into the service menu on your display in the sticky posts at the top of the Plasma threads.

Best regards

Joe