Pioneer MXE prob

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Lennyz, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi,

I have recently bought one of these awesome plasma panels and I am having no joy whatsoever in getting the learning remote that came with my Onkyo amp to pick up the remote signal from the plasma.

It looks like the remote from the Pioneer is a different type of signal i.e it had like a plain white led output as opposed to the opaque covers that usually come with most remotes. The onkyo remote will not pick anything up when I go through the learn process....

I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me if the remote from a HDE Pioneer plasma would work the MXE panel even to just switch it on. I have seen pictures of the remote on the HDE and it looks like a more conventional type and maybe I could use it to program my Onkyo remote.

It is a long shot I know.

2. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use an old Marantz learning remote and had no problem at all making it learn MXE remote commands! Perhaps the Onkyo remote has limitations.

3. Lennyz

Lennyz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes that is what I thought Beamer. I did have an idea after seeing a picture of the HDE model plasma which is the same panel (i beleive) but with a tuner box as standard.

The HDE picture showed a different remote...a more standard looking output on it. I wondered whether if I could get hold of one of these (assuming it would work the on/off on my MXE at least) I could programme my Onkyo unit to do this.. Who knows.

Lennyz

4. Beamer

Beamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I doubt your idea would work but give it a try. A better idea might be to get a new remote that would control all your equipment!

Perhaps that little Christmas present that you know you owe yourself:devil: