1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer MXE Connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johndon, Dec 28, 2002.

1. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I'm seriously considering buying a Pioneer MXE (haven't decided on 43" or 50" yet). I was going to go for the HDE model for the ease of connections but, as the MXE is cheaper (I can get the 43" for £3700) and is better specced have decided on the MXE. The only questions I have now are about connectivity which I assume I can solve with one or more of John Sim's boxes but I'm not sure which one(s) will be best.

My current connections are as follows:

DVD Scart -> SKY+ Scart In -> RGB Scart on TV
    XBOX Advanced scart -> Scart on TV

The DVD does not have a component out and my current TV, a TOSH 40" RPTV, has only one RGB scart hence the connection to the Sky + box.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

John

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi John,

Congratulations on your choice of plasma display :) Regarding your connections, I believe the Xbox can output component video with the correct extra cable. This could then be fed straight to your Pioneer on the component connections. You could then connect your DVD player through one of JS Tech's RGB to VGA converters to your panel's VGA input. By the way, the 43" Pioneer is available from www.ivojo.co.uk for £3519 including the PDA-5002 video card. Hope this helps.

Steve