Pioneer Model Numbers??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Antpink, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    All,
    As far as I can tell, the model numbers for the Pioneer DVD players are a bit different from UK to Singapore (Asia). I have been searching around for a good stop-gap DVD player for a while to replace the aging Philips Q50, and saw that the Pioneer 575 is very well regarded by UK users. Checking local suppliers, the Pioneer 575 here is a DVD-V only, karaoke functional machine, whereas model above (676A) looks to be visually, and spec-wise, identical to the 575A (UK/Europe). I can puchase here for SGD290 (just less than GBP100) - which seems like a pretty good buy. Recommended or not?

Also, for those interested, I thought I'd check out the higher end - the 969AVi, which looks to be identical to the (again) highly reviewed 868, is retailing here for about SGD1200, or GBP400-ish, with a few minor differences (does not have SCART socket, comes in gold finish), so anyone travelling to this part of the world, or knows someone who is, could in theory pick up this player relatively cheaply. Denon 3910 still retailing for SGD1500, and the DV8400 (Marantz) is slowly coming down in price (latest I have quoted is SGD1450 for cash).

Thanks for any, and all, feedback. Please give generously to any Tsunami appeals - it's my part of the world for now, and believe me, things are very bleak for the people affected.
    Cheers