Pioneer Media Receiver question?

ResB

I've had the Pio PDP-434HDE for some time now and was discussing with a friend that in the not too distant future I will want to make use of HD signals from Sky and the like.

Although I am already connected through HDMI to my DVD Player I realise that once Sky starts broadcasting HD I am in need of another HDMI port for the rear of the Sky box.

Maybe this is a silly question but is it possible to buy the Media Receiver that comes with the new PDP-436XDE on it's own (I believe it's the PDP-r06XE) so that I can make use of the additional HDMI port. More importantly though, will the media receiver work with the PDP-434HDE panel?

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

al_cooper

ResB said:
I've had the Pio PDP-434HDE for some time now and was discussing with a friend that in the not too distant future I will want to make use of HD signals from Sky and the like.

Although I am already connected through HDMI to my DVD Player I realise that once Sky starts broadcasting HD I am in need of another HDMI port for the rear of the Sky box.

Maybe this is a silly question but is it possible to buy the Media Receiver that comes with the new PDP-436XDE on it's own (I believe it's the PDP-r06XE) so that I can make use of the additional HDMI port. More importantly though, will the media receiver work with the PDP-434HDE panel?

Any help would be appreciated. ;)
No need to change the media box when you can jusy get an HDMI switching unit!

ResB

Cool. Can you recommend one? Do you know however, if you can but the media box separate...

MAW

Banned
You can't buy it separately, and no guarantees it would work anyway. A switcher or an AV amp with HDMI switching are the only ways that are sensible.

dodgyd

With the price of HDMI switching units still sky high, it would be useful if you were also in the market for a new AV amp that might have multiple HDMI slots :) It's gonna be expensive though.
Dave.

MAW

Banned
£150 at Maplins. AV amps obviously cost a bit more than that. Still you could get a stonking HDMI switching amp for less than current mid end YUV switching ones by Christmas...

ResB

Thanks for the replies guyz. An AV amp might be the way to go to be honest. They might be more affordable by the time Sky gets it together (if thats possible ;))

MAW

Banned
If that 501 amp is in good condition it's got some 2nd hand value, they don't make one like that any more! I miss them very much, used to spec them for all my lower end installs.

ResB

MAW said:
If that 501 amp is in good condition it's got some 2nd hand value, they don't make one like that any more! I miss them very much, used to spec them for all my lower end installs.
Lower end installs. :) Good enough reason to show the wife your post so I can go for an upgrade...and it wasn't me just wanting more AV gadgets. :)

Top Bottom