pioneer media box R05XE (XDE model) with 434?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by $$$, Nov 18, 2004.

1. $$$

$$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know whether this media receiver can be used with a 434 panel? As an owner of such panel I am just curious whether I might have an upgrade option in the future.. Thanks in advance.

$

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I doubt it very much and even if it did work you'd find it very hard to purchase on it's own.

Cheers, Lee

3. $$$

$$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your feedback, lee. Do you base your doubts on anything you read or heard? The box seems to be available at a price in the region of 1300 EUR.

$

4. Jimbo73

Jimbo73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The R04 media box does not work correctly with a 435 panel - you only get two thirds the picture shown in all modes. I've tried it.

Based on that, you could assume that the R05 box would not use the whole screen to show an image.

Additionally, the 435 panel has new refresh rates which are not supported by the 434 panel. Again, you can assume the R05 media box will try and use those refresh rates which would probably amount to a blank screen in some resolutions.

Personally, cant see the advantage even if it did work.

5. $$$

$$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Jimbo73, too bad, really.. :(

> you only get two thirds the picture shown in all modes

modes as in picture modes, input resolutions or signals types? did you try hdmi and vga?

> Additionally, the 435 panel has new refresh rates

wow, and I thought the 434 already offered a good range of refresh rates.. could you point me to some more info on that?

cheers,
    $

6. Jimbo73

Jimbo73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I understand the 435 panel supports 75Hz and 100Hz modes, which the 434 doesn't. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

As for input sources, tried component, RGB scart and VGA. I dont have any HDMI sources. Switched through a couple of screen modes without any improvement. The 435 panel and R04 HDE box just dont like each other...

7. $$$

$$$

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the clarifications.

> I understand the 435 panel supports 75Hz and 100Hz modes, which the 434 doesn't

75hz should be supported by the 434 as the box accepts it on vga.

Anyways, bottom line is, Pioneer won't see my money again (for a box upgrade that is). Now we need someone to come out with a scaler that can feed the panel directly or a converter of some sort..

$