1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer media box and JS convertor ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by The Huss, Nov 22, 2002.

1. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I am in tweeking mode..you know the one where you sit there working out ways you can squeeeze yet another ounce of picture quality from your display?

Accordingly I am considering a JS convertor box - don't know which one yet - need to do some more research.

However nearly all the JS threads I've seen seem to relate to direct connects to the panel (Pannies, MXE etc) with apparently very good results. Unfortunately in this respect I have the Pioneer HDE version which combines a media box.

Before I go any further I was wondering if anybody can give a clue as to whether the media box, which must sit between the source and the screen, will undo any, or all, of the good work that the convertor will deliver?

The box does have component input (1) but this is currently used by the DVD.

thanks

huss

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    The Huss

Not sure how you would use a JS Tech box in an HDE system!

Your Media Box already has two RGB SCART inputs and these are RGB + Composite video so no requirement to change anything that's coming out of any of your RGB sources.

John's boxes dont actually 'improve' the picture quality they are processing the sync signal (RGB2VGA) or converting an RGB signal to S-Video or YPbPr so I cant see how they will improve your system.

Best regards

Joe

3. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Joe

As always ever helpful. Looks like you saved me a few bob!

regards

huss

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    As per Joe's reply, there's really no need for one of my boxes in your system. For this reason, I put the HDE down in my compatiblity chart as being not compatible. From what I'm lead to believe, you screen is really designed to be used with the media box. There are other screens where it's an option, but you can get better results if you go direct without the media box but through only of my interfaces.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

5. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John

Your understanding is correct. There is no possible way of conecting source(s) to screen without the media box. It's not an option with this model.

tks anyways.

regards

huss