Pioneer LX91 and AV192 5.1 by pass problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by simon40, Feb 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Don't know if anyone can help, but when I play a blu ray disk into the Tag 192 via the Pioneer's analogue outputs the sound is distorted and the picture stutters/freezes.

However, when played via the digital o/p connection from Pioneer to Tag everything works fine.

?

I will also ask the same basic question in the Blu Ray section; don't know if it is the Pioneer or Tag.

Thanks

Simon

2. david1961

david1961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi

If you mean you are plugging your player into the 5.1 bypass
    Are you sure you have it set in the processors menu as 5.1 out or 3+stereo pairs ?

Not sure if this may help or not

David

3. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi David,

Sorry for not replying earlier - for some reason I have not been receiving the alerts.

Yes, have plugged the Pioneer into the Tag via the 5.1 by pass.

Unfortuantly I have set the 5.1 by pass to '5.1' rather than 3 x stereo channels - so that's not the solution. Have also tried un-plugging the interconnects one by one (as suggested in the BluRay section) - this did not make any difference.

The dealer is coming round in the next few days with another 91 and a second different Blu Ray machine (with analogue outs) - so we will try and isolate the problem.

Its bound to be something simple, but its very odd. The sound and picture is fine during the disks' lead-in (the (first) Universal World), before you reach the main content menu, but goes to pot when you actually start playing the film.

Cheers

Simon