Pioneer LX82 or Yamaha Z7

figlio

Standard Member
Which amplifier do you think is best from these 2 amp? I am going to use the amp with B&W speakers.

NedK

I have the same speakers as you and have just bought a Z7. In my opinion they go very well together and sound really good. It's a warm sounding combination, probably quite similar to how your A2 sounds.

I haven't heard the Pioneer amp but I gather it is meant to have a more clinical sound.

figlio

Standard Member
Today I have brought at home a pioneer Lx82 and to me I found that the sound is to bright compared to my yamaha A2. For me I could not stand the sound from the pioneer. Maybe I am used to the yamaha. For me my Yamaha wins hands down for sound. Does anyone heard the pioneer with B&W speakers?

sgt_raffie

Novice Member
I have the 602s and 603 connected to pioneer lx81 and I do like the sound. Have to say it`s rather bright and "precise". I use mine mainly for movies thou..

noisemaker

Novice Member
The yamaha is mostly used for home cinema, and maybe a 30% for music, and still the 82 beats the Z7.
Get the pioneer.

Sluggster

I use an LX82 with good Focal speakers that have exceptional tweeters. It was not bright out of the box and is not bright now it has been fully set up. I also had a Yamaha until a few weeks ago (v4600) and that was a nice amplifier too.

However the room set up system on the LX82 is excellent and my Yamaha really needed lots of manual tweeking to get it right.

I have Pioneer BR & TV so having the AV Amp made sense - the Pioneer also looks a lot better than the other two contenders. There is not a lot in it so you should try it yourself. Also look at the Denon 4310.

Regards,
S

Buckster

Distinguished Member
Today I have brought at home a pioneer Lx82 and to me I found that the sound is to bright compared to my yamaha A2. For me I could not stand the sound from the pioneer. Maybe I am used to the yamaha. For me my Yamaha wins hands down for sound. Does anyone heard the pioneer with B&W speakers?

when you found the 82 bright - was that with or without MCAAC on ?

just by default MCAAC can (depending on your room, way you setup the mic etc) set things a bit too bright for some (did for me)

but you can manually adjust afterwards

I had a 71 and I didn't find it bright at all

norliss

Which amplifier do you think is best from these 2 amp? I am going to use the amp with B&W speakers.
The problem with these kind of posts is, invariably you will just get owners of either machine recommending the one they have.

You've done enough research to narrow the choice down to these two: from here on only you can decide. :)

cammy

The problem with these kind of posts is, invariably you will just get owners of either machine recommending the one they have.

You've done enough research to narrow the choice down to these two: from here on only you can decide. :)
well said!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom