pioneer lx73 with audiolab 8000a amplifier

yorkshire rose

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a home cinema amp the pioneer lx73 which is great. The question is can i use the audiolab connected to the lx73 for music playback, or do i need to swap the speaker connections everytime i want to watch a movie or listen to music.

I have recently purchased a home cinema amp the pioneer lx73 which is great. The question is can i use the audiolab connected to the lx73 for music playback, or do i need to swap the speaker connections everytime i want to watch a movie or listen to music.
The 8000A has a Mode switch with a Pre-Power AV position. Use this, connecting the LX73's front L&R preouts to the 8000A and the front speakers to the 8000A. Connection and operation are illustrated and explained in the 8000A's manual, section 4.

Alternatively, if you prefer to keep the systems separate, get yourself a mechanical or automatic speaker input switch. Mechanical: Beresford TC-7220. Automatic: Sonance AS2 (or Russound or Speakercraft).

Last edited:
The 8000A has a Mode switch with a Pre-Power AV position. Use this, connecting the LX73's front L&R preouts to the 8000A and the front speakers to the 8000A. Connection and operation are illustrated and explained in the 8000A's manual, section 4.

Alternatively, if you prefer to keep the systems separate, get yourself a mechanical or automatic speaker input switch. Mechanical: Beresford TC-7220. Automatic: Sonance AS2 (or Russound or Speakercraft).

Thanks, I will try this later, although I cant seem to see the pre-power av position on my model, it looks like the newer 8200a as this feature.

Thanks, I will try this later, although I cant seem to see the pre-power av position on my model, it looks like the newer 8200a has this feature.
Your 8000A has a power in connector at the rear, but requires "a simple internal modification" to enable. Detailled instructions on how to do this can be found here. After enabling this functionality, you'll need a line level switch, such as the Sonance AL2 to enable you to connect the 8000A's preouts and the Pioneer LX73's preouts to the 8000A's power in. You could also use a simple mechanical switch.

You may find the use of the previously mentioned speaker input switch simpler.

Hi, i have now upgraded to a 8200a amplifier. Is there anyway that i can connect the 8200a and the lx73 so i can use the same speakers with disconnecting them everytime i want to listen to music or watch a film?

Hi, i have now upgraded to a 8200a amplifier. Is there anyway that i can connect the 8200a and the lx73 so i can use the same speakers with disconnecting them everytime i want to listen to music or watch a film?
Of course - see post 2, replacing 8000a with 8200a.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom