• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pioneer LX608D Best Price?

H

hongkongrobbo

Pretty much decided on laying out for a Pioneer LX608D (or LX6080D) :thumbsup: but any thoughts on best prices, 4.5k seems to be about minimum? Would also need stand, £200? Will the price drop significantly over the next couple of months, I can be patient if needed!!

dpgs

Pretty much decided on laying out for a Pioneer LX608D (or LX6080D) :thumbsup: but any thoughts on best prices, 4.5k seems to be about minimum? Would also need stand, £200? Will the price drop significantly over the next couple of months, I can be patient if needed!!

The equivalent set sells for US$6000 in the US, much less if you do a search. The UK prices are way over the top.

They will have no option but to reduce their UK prices at some point this year; credit crunch, new Panasonics coming out in the Spring (hopefully). Right now, they are making hay while the sun shines. Good sets, yes. But overpriced. No doubt about it.

I'd wait a while if I were you....

Premier

Standard Member
Wow.

As a first mover, I am surprised that the price has stayed constant for what you say is about £4,500... I paid but a slight bit more than this including stand that many months ago...

TV attracts, "wow, that is a big tv."

Am I happy with the purchase. Yes.

stranger

LX6080 £4499 including 5 year D&G warranty and delivery plus customer service second to none at tlcbroadcast.co.uk

Mr-Lex

There has been a topic on this already...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664145&highlight=PDPLX508D

LX6080 £4499 including 5 year D&G warranty and delivery plus customer service second to none at tlcbroadcast.co.uk

I know Pioneer giving 5 year warranty with LX series but can anyone confirm whether most if not all dealers offering a free 5 year warranty with D&G as standard either as promotion or not?

MAW

Banned
All works dealers and cedia members offer the 5 yr warranty, and as no others have access to the 608D, that'll be anywhere you can buy it from. There are a few adverts I've seen for lower prices, but they have no stock, nor ever will have.

stranger

All works dealers and cedia members offer the 5 yr warranty, and as no others have access to the 608D, that'll be anywhere you can buy it from. There are a few adverts I've seen for lower prices, but they have no stock, nor ever will have.

This is correct but it is a Pioneer warranty not a D&G which is a better warranty.

bottv

Standard Member
Hi there,

I had asked if the price on Pioneer 151fd prices had fallen this week in the forum. No responses yet. However, my question is, will waiting few more weeks/or a month or two, would increase my chances for getting 151fd at a lower price than $4800? This week the price has come down from $6500 to $4800.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom