Pioneer Lx608 Kuro. Anyone know if Pioneer will be releasing a panel only version?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Paul_G, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Paul_G

Paul_G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    As per the title really. My 503MXE's power supply has gone bang and I need a replacement. Now when I bought the MXE which doesn't have a media box\tuner etc, I was told that it was the better panel.
    If Pio release an LX60" equivalent in the Kuro range (I.e. no speakers\tuner etc), is it likely to be a better panel and why?
    Anyone know timescales?

2. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I am interested in this too. Thanks.

3. churchwa

churchwa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I was interested in this too as i have the 433mxe at the moment. When i bought the 433 the panels were much better than the TV's.

I dont think this is the case anymore for Pioneer, if anything, without a scaler the TV's are often better than the panels for viewing TV material and suck the like.

4. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16

I would think its only a matter of time. However, these days the Pio full hd sets all do 50,60, and a multiple of 24 hz (72?) and feature no overscan on the full hd res (I think I read that somewhere) so one of the main advantages of getting a panel (native res of panel) is now moot.

I'm sure Pio will tweak the filters/glass for the panel, but whether it actually makes that much difference... who knows...

I think I'm going to go for the TV this time around (for WAF if nothing else).