PIONEER lx5080 or lx5090

Leerock

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I m about to buy a plasma tv and i always wanted a Pioneer one as i always considered them as the best....
I went to the shops today and sadly heard that there is no stock of pioneer plasmas as the factory s closed down....
I m trying all day to find at least one of these tvs in stock......
What i ve found in one shop is the lx5080 without speakers but packaged with a home cinema at 1600 euro...
and another shop told me that they are having the 5090h in september for 2300 euro.....
there is much of a price difference but if the 9th gen is much better than the 8th then don t care waiting till september and giving the extra cash......
But is it so much better?
has anyone seen both and compared them?
Thx in advance

Last edited:

Hi. :)
The main upgrade with 8G vs 9G is the black levels :smashin: quite a jump in performance here.
All the best.

Hi
I m about to buy a plasma tv and i always wanted a Pioneer one as i always considered them as the best....
I went to the shops today and sadly heard that there is no stock of pioneer plasmas as the factory s closed down....
I m trying all day to find at least one of these tvs in stock......
What i ve found in one shop is the lx5080 without speakers but packaged with a home cinema at 1600 euro...
and another shop told me that they are having the 5090h in september for 2300 euro.....
there is much of a price difference but if the 9th gen is much better than the 8th then don t care waiting till september and giving the extra cash......
Thx in advance

For 1600 yo's I'd nearly go for the 508 and then concentrate on getting the lighting correct in your viewing environment which is crucial regarding perception of black.

Even without the lighting adjustment the 508 is a cracking screen and for 1600 represents good value.

Where are you from?

Richer Sounds Belfast have the 5090 on their site for £1799.95, if your from Ireland (you spoke in Euros so I'm just guessing), but you'd probably need to e-mail about stock.

Richer Sounds Ireland

They deliver throughout Ireland and service is excellent.

thanx for your replies......
I m from Cyprus......
I guess on the phone they were wrong about which 5080 it is.....
i bet its not the lx .....
it may be the 720p one....
i ll go tomorrow there to make sure.....
if its the 720p one, is it still a good deal?
1600 euro with a surround system....

thanx for your replies......
I m from Cyprus......
I guess on the phone they were wrong about which 5080 it is.....
i bet its not the lx .....
it may be the 720p one....
i ll go tomorrow there to make sure.....
if its the 720p one, is it still a good deal?
1600 euro with a surround system....

Even it's only the XD HD Ready version it's still a good deal and a great set.

1080p isn't the be all and end all as there are more important factors to consider which the Pioneer excels in.

I can't tell the difference between HD Ready and 1080p.

Get the 9G, the differences are extremel obvious to see. But then again if you don't see a 9G you won't know what you are missing so the 508 might be fine.

Go for the 9G, last of the Pios :thumbsup:

Thanks for your replies guys....
I ll go for the 9th:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom