Pioneer Kuro too old?

mtc310578

Novice Member
Hi

I have one of the final Pioneer Kuro panels (no speakers). I'm struggling with new technology (for example new Apple TV which I got for Christmas).
I have a Pioneer sound bar. Because the Kuro doesn't have any sound, each appliance plugs directly into sound bar via optical. However new Apple TV doesn't have an optical.

Is there any way around this or is it time to think about changing tv?

Thanks

Martin

mtc310578

Novice Member
Immediate problem solved - with a bit of setup I can stream bluetooth sound from apple tv to pioneer soundbar,
However - what are general thoughts - is Kuro pretty outdated and for around £600 could you pick up something better now?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
However - what are general thoughts - is Kuro pretty outdated and for around £600 could you pick up something better now?

You missed out the first digit of your budget. was it a two or a three? ;)

Your limitation here is the sound bar rather than the TV. The typical high end setup would be a dedicated box for routing the connections (an AV Receiver) and speakers that plugged into that.

mtc310578

Novice Member
The Bluetooth from Apple TV to soundbar seems to be working.

Ah yes I actually have a marantz receiver and Anthony Gallo speakers but can't afford to get it all installed at the moment!

xxGBHxx

I picked up a Kuro for £200 and a Yamaha soundbar which supports everything except object sound for £450. I'm struggling to justify paying the best part of £2000+ for anything that's even going to get close at 1080 let alone surpass it for picture quality.

Certainly if you want 4k and/or HDR then you have no choice but to change. But it's the soundbar you need to sort, not necessarily the TV.

Cheers

G

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom