Pioneer Kuro KRP-500A or Pioneer PDP-LX5090

Cheeeeeeseyy

Standard Member
Hi

I'm in the market for a new 46 - 55" plasma tv. I have narrowed my search down to the Pioneer KRP 500A and PDP LX5090. Is the 500A worth the extra £300 or would i be better of buying the PDP LX5090? My budget is £2250, so if you have any other suggestions i would be grateful if you could post them :)

Thanks

YellowSphere

If you want to see the difference for yourself, then TLC Broadcast in Borehamwood would be a good place to start.

The KRP is usually considered to be slightly better on the picture quality front, but its main advantages are the slimmer panel and the media box, whereby you only have two cables going to the screen itself (power and picture). This is great if you're wall mounting. It also has a satellite tuner (which will receive BBC HD!) and the ability to play audio/picture/video files through a (wired) network.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi

I'm in the market for a new 46 - 55" plasma tv. I have narrowed my search down to the Pioneer KRP 500A and PDP LX5090. Is the 500A worth the extra £300 or would i be better of buying the PDP LX5090? My budget is £2250, so if you have any other suggestions i would be grateful if you could post them :)

Thanks

Hi mate. :)
Here's a post from Piers you might find useful. :smashin:
All the best.

Cheeeeeeseyy

Standard Member
If you want to see the difference for yourself, then TLC Broadcast in Borehamwood would be a good place to start.

The KRP is usually considered to be slightly better on the picture quality front, but its main advantages are the slimmer panel and the media box, whereby you only have two cables going to the screen itself (power and picture). This is great if you're wall mounting. It also has a satellite tuner (which will receive BBC HD!) and the ability to play audio/picture/video files through a (wired) network.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom