Pioneer kuro 500A with Pioneer Multiregion BDP-LX08 DVD BluRay

malctAN

I am thinking about replacing my Kuro 500a with a Phillips 65 inch LED TV. , Any thoughts?

The picture quality on the Kuro is fanstatic, But what i have found with a lot of TV's in showrooms is the brightness of the TV's enen when broadcasting normal TV and everything looks false.
My preferance is not to have a bright screen, So any thoughts on the Phillips, To be honest, I was looking at picking up a Philips 65PUS7805 or a Philips 65PUS9435 LED TV and keeping the cost down since i don't want to be paying over £2500 again on a TV since TV's now dont have a long lifespan like the older TV's have.

Regards the Phillips TV's, Can these be mounted on a stand bolted on at the back?

Finally , Regards my Pioneer kuro 500A (Plus Side speakers) and Pioneer Multiregion BDP-LX08 DVD BluRay player, what is a fair price to try and sell both , I guess a lot will come to location, Living near carlisle, This would only appeal to anyone around cumbria, So might be better selling on Facebook.

Any Thoughts

mike7

Distinguished Member
Ahh PHILLIPS, no such make I'm afraid. Even 'The Gadget Show' got it wrong last week with a misspelt caption so you're in good company.

larkone

Distinguished Member
TVs in showrooms are always set to Vivid (or whatever the equivalent is - Super Dynamic Retinaburn) so that they 'pop' when under bright fluorescent lighting. That doesn't mean they look like that when you set them up properly at home.

Good guides here
Picture Perfect TV setup guide

malctAN

Thank you Larkone, Just checking , a 55 inch will be better for me, So will be able to go for a Oled

larkone

Distinguished Member
Sorry is that a question or statement?

malctAN

Sorry is that a question or statement?
statement Larkone, The salesman in Peter tysons in carlisle was telling me that i would need a 65 inch to replace the kuro since the kuro has the bezel and side speakers, but after checking the Philips (Yes Mike7, One L in Philips) I have noted that their isn't much difference in size

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom