Pioneer KRP500A vs Samsung UE46 vs Panasonic PZ800

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by RobinGill, Jun 14, 2009.

1. RobinGill

RobinGill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone. I do hope you don't consider this as spamming, I had asked the same question in the plasma forum. I recieved 3 replies all in favour of plasma, then I wondered whether there was any inherent bias in the plasma section.

Also in particular I was wondering whether the samsung led picture is sharper than the pioneer.

I've been stuck pondering this for a few weeks so I thought you lot would be the best people to ask.

Unfortunately we need a big tv now, as our toshiba rptv has finally died after many years of hard service.

My shortlist is this with the following reasoning. Only problem is I've never been able to see all 3 together to make my mind up - biggest problem being no-one seems to hold the krp-500a in stock for a demo.

Pioneer: Best of the best plasmas and they won't be making them anymore. So I suppose that will be the pinnacle of domestic plasmas for a while still.

Panasonic: Solid decent performance at a reasonable price. Rewerb on the other thread mentioned the pz800 has been superceeded by P50V10.

Samsung: Saw an led telly in a shop and was amazed by sharpness of picture.

I suppose one unusual requirement is that as well as playing hdtv, blu rays and hd content from pc, my mum watches a lot of the asian channels on sky and the quality of those sometimes is pretty poor.

I keep changing my mind every couple of days and I'm not really getting anywhere so any thoughts would be appreciated. (Also before anyone starts talking about oled, I know I will probably be putting this telly in the bedroom in around 2-3 years then getting oled for the sitting room).

2. boxrick

boxrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Panasonic PZ800 is last years model... The V10 is the one to look at if anything....

Pioneer is easily the best set of the lot... followed by the V10...

The samsungs look great in shops running a blu ray disks. But they are not great sets, i have not been impressed at all by the UE series... id say samsungs own b650 series is better....

3. mrbandersnatch

mrbandersnatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well I'm in a similar pickle. I was SURE I was going to buy a samsung LED (46B6000 probably) because I've also been incredibly impressed by these when I've seen in the shops. But then I looked at the 50G10 and was reasonably impressed by the HD picture and value it represents (4 extra inches AND an inbuilt freesat tuner so fewer cables).

Now I just cant decide....and sadly the Kuro is just that little bit too expensive for me.